If it’s visibly painful, it’s time for COOLIEF* Cooled Radiofrequency treatment
I'm looking for a COOLIEF*-trained specialist for my pain near
Select your level of pain below to find out your possible treatment options
If you are living with osteoarthritis, you are not alone. Osteoarthritis impacts over 30 million adults in the US, and the knee is one of the most commonly affected areas.1
Tap on your level of pain below
You may have noticed a constant, annoying, throbbing pain in your knee. You met with your physician and were diagnosed with chronic pain or osteoarthritis (OA) of the knee. Your physician may have prescribed several conservative therapies such as physical therapy and OTC medications that may provide temporary relief, so you can still enjoy your daily activities.
Woodpecker wear down
It’s been some time since your chronic pain/OA diagnosis, but your go-to therapies may not be cutting it anymore and simple tasks wear you down. You may start seeking help from other specialists who might recommend prescription NSAIDs, or maybe even opioids.
Direct arrow skirmish
You may have lived with the pain for some time now, and your doctor may be suggesting more invasive therapies such as steroid injections. But long-term relief and safety may give you pause, so you and your doctor could discuss COOLIEF* as an option.
Your pain is getting worse. You may have tried steroid injections, but you may not be ready for another round and need lasting relief. Your doctor may have brought up surgery, but you aren’t ready yet. What else is there? Maybe discuss COOLIEF* with your doctor.
Relentless nail gun
You may be feeling terrible pain. After several different therapies, you still haven’t found relief that lasts. You’re not ready for surgery yet, so what are your options? Ask about minimally invasive COOLIEF*.
The selector above is based on the last 5 locations on the Pain Numeric Rating Scale (Pain Score Severity: 0=no pain, 1–3=mild pain, 4–6=moderate pain, ≥7=severe pain). It is not intended to provide medical advice. Talk to your doctor to determine the right treatment options for you.5
COOLIEF* Cooled RF is a minimally invasive, non-opioid treatment
COOLIEF* is the first and only radiofrequency treatment cleared by the FDA for moderate to severe OA knee pain. It is a minimally invasive, non-narcotic procedure that treats chronic back, knee, and hip pain and can last for up to a year (for some people with chronic back pain, up to two years).
Not sure if you’re ready for COOLIEF*? Talk with your primary physician using this guide.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Osteoarthritis fact sheet. https://www.cdc.gov/arthritis/basics/osteoarthritis.htm. Accessed May 3, 2017.
- National Institute of Neurologic Disorders and Stroke. Low back pain fact sheet. https://www.ninds.nih.gov/Disorders/Patient-Caregiver-Education/Fact-Sheets/Low-Back-Pain-Fact-Sheet#3102_3. Accessed March 12, 2018.
- KS&R, Inc. Halyard-sponsored qualitative market research, OA Pain Landscape & Patient Journey. 2015. Data on file.
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. Information Statement 1045: Opioid Use, Misuse, and Abuse in Orthopaedic Practice. October 2015.
- Physiopedia. Numeric pain rating scale. https://www.physio-pedia.com/index.php?title=Numeric_Pain_Rating_Scale&oldid=174322. Accessed April 19, 2018.